Borough Administrator: Kim Gonzales
Phone: 732-872-1224 x203
Location: 42 Shore Drive, Highlands
The Department of Administration carries out the laws and policies enacted by the Borough Council. The Administrator directs and coordinates all departments and serves as the Borough Personnel Officer. By ordinance, the Administrator is responsible to the Borough Council for the day to day operations of the entire Borough. Finally, the preparation and implementation of the municipal budget is coordinated through the Department of Administration.
The Business Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations of the Borough, including:
• Assisting in the preparation of the budget
• Administering a centralized purchasing system
• Developing and administering an effective personnel system
• Prescribing and enforcing rules and regulations for the efficient management of the municipal government
• Maintaining an ongoing review and analysis of budget operations, work programs and costs of municipal services
• As the liaison and appointing authority for the New Jersey Department of Personnel, all personnel records are maintained at the Adminitrator's Office. In addition, the office processes employment applications, pension enrollments, pension loans and beneficiary changes.
The Administration Department consists of the following:
• Central Purchasing
• Budget Assistance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources