Light House Road
The Twin Lights Historical Society is dedicated to preserving New Jersey's foremost lighthouse and museum. The lighthouse, historically known as the Navesink Light Attendants Station, is now a National Historic Landmark.
The mission of the society is to engage the public and foster a broader understanding of the historical role played by the Twin Lights in Maritime navigation and wireless communication. The Twin Lights are situated 250 feet above sea level in Highlands, New Jersey. They overlook the Shrewsbury River, Sandy Hook, Raritan Bay, New York skyline and the Atlantic Ocean.
Twin Lights have been used as an aid to navigation over the coastal waters of NJ since 1828. The light station served as the primary lighthouse for New York Harbor and was known as the best and the brightest light in North America.